Friday, December 2, 2011

Stumbling on Faerie

Ok, before I start this post I would like to say I am really sorry about not posting for so long, I know I don't really have a good excuse, except for that I have been really busy with school. Enough of that and onto Faeries, this post is about all the places that make me think of faeries. I know I have briefly mentioned this but I want to go into more detail about it.

One of the most Faerieish things that exists is the mushroom. They taste good, look amazing, and always come pre-packed with a tiny bit of magic. Is it their musky brown color, or their layered bottoms? Nobody knows, but one thing we all know is that they are very related to the Faerie world. Ever heard of a Faerie Ring. If not then shame on you, becuase it is very important in the land of Fae. A Faerie Ring is a place where faeries and elves gather to dance. The Faerie Ring only appears as long as the celebration, which means it usually dissapperars after around five days. If you see a Faerie Ring then most strongly caution staying away from it, for you may be punished by the Fae for walking out of human territory. You cannot even collect dew or flowers from a Faerie Ring, unless you would like to be cursed with bad luck. Overall the mushroom is a very sacred plants in the Faerie Kingdom. I ask one thing of you and that is to respect Faerie Rings like you would someone else's land, because they are rather rare, and do not occur often.

Forests. Yes, extremely magical places. And, of course, very fantastical places. There are the tiny doors in the bottom of tall, branchy tree trunks. The eye shaped marks on the sides of silver trees. Oh, and the wet, thick moss on the forest floor. I can't deny it. I love forests. In the picture on the left, there is light creeping through the trees, shining on a small grove. This picture is literally screaming Faerie. I always dreamed of doing a photo shoot in a forest. It would be of a girl in a big dress searching for something, but I am not that great at photography (yet) mabye later in my life. I would love to know what you guys thing of forest. Could everyone be as passionate about forests as me? Possibilities. Sorry, I lost my train of thought dreaming of what it would be like to live in a small cottage in a forest. Typical of me.

Drip, drop. Yes it is rain. Rainy days always remind me of Faeries. I guess their is not complete reason why except for that it seems to change the world... magically. It really calls to me when I see rain in a green, grassy, meadowy place. I was overjoyed when I found this picture, because it described exactly what I was thinking of. Do you agree? The colors of grey in the clouds and the green of the meadow look incredible together. I am sorry if you can't really see the rain, because it is slightly invisible, but I was just getting at how amazing the background scene is. Oh, while we are on the topic of rain, you should listen to some rainy songs like It Will Rain by Bruno Mars, or Please Don't Stop The Rain by James Morrison.

Lets wrap this up with one of my favourites, fog. Fog reminds me of Faeries mainly because of faeries seem to have some kind of fog wrapped around them. Almost like we can't see all of them because they hide their secrets in the fog. Another reason it reminds me of Faeries, is because I had a dream once where it was a really foggy day and I couldn't see anything. I was lost, but I could hear soft laughing. I searched through the fog for what was laughing at me, but couldn't find anything. Thats when I figured that they were Faeries, using the fog to shield my eyes from their tiny bodies. I love this picture because of the red and orange leaves covering the ground. I think it just makes it look even more like Autumn. Oh, how could I forget, the man in the distance shows that fog really covers up everyones secrets.

For weirdless days and weary nights
Are his till his deein' day.
But he wha gaes by the fairy ring,
Nae dule nor pine shall see,
And he wha cleans the fairy ring
An easy death shall dee.

1 comment:

Jadee (: said...

All of these photos are great laura.